Saturday, July 31, 2010

Fresh Salsa Show-Down: Update



Okay, I've been feverishly planning this Fresh Salsa Show-Down and I'm so excited to announce all the great people who have signed up to help.

In the beginning I was looking for a friendly salsa competition between Weber and Davis county Master Gardeners--but sadly, no Master Gardeners signed up.

So, I had to take matters into my own hands and ask some people to compete. I asked Teresa Hunsaker, who will be teaching our "Canning the Season" class and she willingly accepted. That got the ball rolling.

We then asked Becky Lowe, food contributor on Studio 5, and she thought it would be great fun.

I then found another great home economist from Sanpete County, named Anita Raddatz on USU extension website and I asked her. She was excited to come and participate as well.

So far, we have 3 of the best cooks in the State competing for your vote. Please come out and watch these ladies prepare the best salsas in the world right in front of your own eyes.

While you're there say 'hi' to Sterling Poulson from Channel 2 news. Sterling will be doing his weather segments from the Farmer's Market as well. It is going to be a great time and we hope to see you all there!

No comments:

Post a Comment