Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Another Great Master Gardener Day

Thanks to all who came out in the rain and helped us at the gardens today.  We had a lot of fun planting, weeding, and celebrating Jerry's Birthday.  He loved his 7-11 Slurpee gift card and will put it to good use this summer.  I overheard him saying that slurpees are his "guilty pleasure."  So thank you for your generous contribution and it will be "the gift that keeps on giving!" 

I am so happy that I get the privilege to work with each of you at the gardens.  I feel like all I do is run around and you do all the work!  I am amazed at all that was done today.  We planted many flats of ornamental peppers in the annual beds, many hydrangeas were planted by the new hosta garden, and so much weeding was done in all the gardens.  You did all this work in the rain and you never even complained.  I think you all are awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment